Whipped Queso Fresco with Spring Vegetables
This easy dip can be served with your favorite vegetables, breads, or crackers. Alternatively, use it as a spread on a sandwich.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ teaspoons za’atar spice blend
- 1 shallot, minced
- 12 ounces queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon chive, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chervil, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- Mixed baby spring vegetables to serve alongside
- Crackers to serve alongside
- ►Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add za’atar and cook until fragrant and just sizzling about 10 seconds. Transfer mixture to a heat-proof container and let cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- ►In the same pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Stir in the shallot and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- ►Using the medium sized holes on a box grater, grate queso fresco into a large bowl. Add in chive, chervil, parsley, yogurt, and shallot. Use a whisk or wooden spoon to vigorously mix the
- mixture until smooth.
- ►To serve, spoon whipped queso fresco into a serving dish and top with za’atar oil. Serve with mixed baby spring vegetables and crackers on the side.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/