Willow's Barbeque Chicken Flatbread
The barbeque flavor of the flatbreads are perfect for a summer evening. Finish each of the flatbreads with marinated red onions and scallions.
CHICKEN SPICE & MARINADE
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoonanise seed
- ½ tablespoon black pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup of coffee
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon Frank's hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup julienne red onions
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup julienned scallions
- 3 prepared flatbreads
- 6 oz smoked mozzarella
- 6 oz smoked cheddar
- CHICKEN SPICE & MARINADE: Toast the fennel, cumin, coriander, anise and black pepper in a 350°F oven for about 5 minutes. Once toasted, place in a blender and add the smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Grind until coarsely ground. Sprinkle the chicken breasts liberally with the spice mix and add in the red wine vinegar, marinate for 1 hour. After the chicken is done marinating, smoke with hickory chips for 10 minutes then grill until an internal temperature of 160°F. Cook chicken completely. Pick the chicken meat into bite-size pieces. Coat with ½ cup of barbeque sauce (recipe follows).
- BARBEQUE SAUCE: Whisk all of the above ingredients together.
- REMAINING INGREDIENTS: Marinate the red onions with the red wine vinegar, olive oil and oregano. Reserve.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the barbeque sauce onto each of the grilled flatbread dough. Top each flatbread with a ⅓ of the cheeses, ⅓ of the barbeque chicken and place on the grill. Allow to cook until the cheese is hot and bubbly and the chicken is heated through. Finish each of the flatbreads with ⅓ each of the marinated red onions and scallions.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/