Zucchini and Radicchio Couscous
This couscous dish is prepared risotto style, giving it a deep, satisfying flavor and texture.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups dry pearl couscous
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ cups diced zucchini
- 1½ cups chopped radicchio
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated ricotta salata, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup torn fresh mint
- ►Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add onion and garlic and sauté until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in couscous and season with salt and pepper. Add wine, scraping browned bits from bottom of pot, and stir until wine has evaporated. Add broth and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, 10 to 12 minutes.
- ►Gently fold in zucchini, radicchio, and cream. Cook over medium heat until creamy and thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ricotta salata, butter, and mint. Adjust seasoning, garnish with additional ricotta salata, and serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/