Rougette Grilling Cheese & Peach Toasts with Fresh Mint and Honey
- 1 large, ripe peach, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ROUGETTE Bon•fire Grilling Cheeses Mild
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves, minced
- ► Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- ► Brush the cut sides of each peach half with olive oil. Pierce each cheese with fork 3 times on both sides and place on hot grill. Place peach halves on grill, cut side down. Grill cheese and peaches over medium high heat for 4 minutes.
- ► After 4 minutes, use tongs to turn over cheese. Continue grilling on second side for another 4 minutes.
- ► Remove peaches and cheese from grill. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool for five minutes before handling.
- ► While peaches and cheese are cooling, reduce heat to medium and place bread slices on grill. Grill bread for 1 minute or until toasted with grill marks. Turn bread over and toast on second side for one minute more. Remove bread from grill.
- ► Slice each peach half into 8 thin wedges, for 16 total wedges of peach. Slice each cheese round into 8 thin strips. Arrange peach slices and cheese strips on each slice of toast in an alternating pattern. Drizzle each slice with honey and sprinkle with fresh mint. Cut each slice of toast in half and serve at once.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/