PSA: National Peach Month is still going on! Savor the final days of the season by pairing cheese with this beloved stone fruit in all its forms—from jams to cocktails to wine-marinated wedges. Get your juices flowing with ideas by peeking at our Summer 2018 cheese plate here.
In other cheese news:
- Cheese is at the center of a heated trade debate between the UK and Japan. In negotiation talks, UK Trade Secretary Liz Truss has been fighting for a better deal for British cheesemakers, with a “particular focus” on blue cheeses like Stilton. Japan refuses to budge on tariffs for fresh and blue veined cheeses, but they still plan to reach an agreement by the end of the month.
- Jasper Hill Farm just launched the cutest cheese product of 2020: Harbison Minis! The award-winning bloomy rind wheel is now available in a 5-ounce version, perfect for socially-distant entertaining (or solo late-night snacking).
- Murray’s Cheese Bar recently opened its new location in Long Island City, New York. This shop and restaurant will include Murray’s first full-service bar, a cheese shop with 400+ specialty products, outdoor seating options, and more. Check it out here.
- Good news for folks still stuck in quarantine: Board at Home—a California-based company shipping local artisan products to consumers—is now offering next-day deliveries across the country. “Artisans have been struggling, and Board at Home is our way of helping by providing a platform to showcase their world class goods to a whole new audience,” partner Raymond Rumiano said about the news.
- Marissa Mullen of That Cheese Plate was featured on Live with Kelly and Ryan last week, where she shared her tips for creating and sharing cheese plates safely in the age of social distancing with her Cheese by Numbers method. (Think: individual boards and caprese skewers.) Catch the video here.