Somehow, it’s March again. We might still be mentally processing March 2020 (anyone else?), but the good news is it’s time to celebrate Women’s History Month! We’re honoring the women in cheese who produce, sell, serve, and educate about the wedges and wheels we love. If you haven’t already, check out our roundup of women trailblazers you should support this month and every month.
In other cheese news:
- Roth Cheese is celebrating International Women’s Day by giving away 25 boxes of cheese to 25 women. And today’s the last day to nominate a woman you think should receive this cheesy prize! Get more info and nominate someone here.
- The annual American Cheese Society Conference for 2021 will take place virtually at the end of July, hosting artisan cheesemakers, industry professionals, influencers, and more. “A virtual conference will help protect our members while providing us with a unique opportunity to connect cheese industry professionals from across the globe,” said Jeremy Stephenson, Board President. Learn more about the event here.
- This just in from Murray’s Cheese Caves: Brand-new Buttermilk Basque is created in collaboration with Old Chatham Creamery and made from 100% sheep’s milk for a rich Basque-style cheese that’s buttery and irresistible. Learn more and get yours here.
- This year’s California Artisan Cheese Festival is going virtual, and it all starts next weekend. On the schedule is a Bubbles Brunch Virtual Cooking Demo on March 14th, and a Grand Tasting Kit + Virtual Cheese Festival on March 26th. Attendees can expect tips on building cheese boards, behind-the-scenes tours of creameries, and plenty more. Learn more and get your tickets here.
- Jasper Hill Farm‘s beloved Sherry Hill has returned! This ash-ripened double-cream wheel saw extremely high demand after its release late last year and had to take a break from their online store—but now it’s back. See what all the hype is about and order your wheel here.
- St. Paddy’s Day is just around the corner, and Cowgirl Creamery has the perfect wheel to help you celebrate. St. Pat is an organic cow’s milk bloomy rind cheese that’s wrapped in local dark green nettle, making it the perfect centerpiece on a festive, Irish-themed board.
- The listeria recall we covered in our last roundup has now been expanded to all El Abuelito Cheese products, including more than 30 cheese products. Check out the full list on the FDA’s website.
- Politicians: they’re…just like us? UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has reportedly lost 14 pounds after giving up, among other things, “late night cheese”—a concept we’re a little too familiar with.