We hope everyone had a delightful holiday complete with friends, family, and amazing Black Friday deals. Small Business Saturday was yesterday, so how about we declare today to be Local Dairy Day? Support your local farmers by enjoying some cheese from your region. We’re eating cheese to support local business, after all!
Here’s what you might have missed last week:
- Packers’ fans might have a lot to be sad about, but cheeselessness isn’t one of them. Burger King announced a limited-edition Green Bay Whopper topped with eight slices of cheese.
- Consumers’ cheese tastes are evolving as more and more people reach for “Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar” over more generic styles.
- Central Dairy raised quite a stink after announcing they’d no longer make cottage cheese. Even after an online petition asking the company to reconsider, it’s not looking promising.
- Attention all Instagrammers: your food photography is about to be upgraded. A luxury pasta company has created pasta kits that include a guide to arranging the meal for that perfect Instagrammable pic.
- The World Cheese Awards were held in Norway, and Wisconsin cheesemakers did America proud, taking home 30 awards.
- We all love cheese. And fudge. So why not whip up this Velveeta chocolate fudge for your next family get-together?