Another 2020 holiday has passed by in what seems like the blink of an eye. But there’s good news: now that turkey day is over, we can shamelessly dive headfirst into eggnog season. (Unless you already have, that is—in which case, carry on.) This year, whip up this classic recipe from the late and great James Villas—as featured in our Winter issue—and let us guide you through some global history of this festive boozy beverage.
In other cheese news:
- It’s officially time to crack open the food-themed advent calendars, and Ilchester’s cheese-filled one is exactly what we all need after 2020. With 24 mini-wheels of British cheeses like Applewood, Aged Red Leicester, and Wensleydale with cranberries, this calendar offers an excuse (not that you need it) to indulge in cheese every day (plus: keep track of the date mid-quarantine).
- The latest addition from Murray’s Cheese Caves is flavor-packed Finochietto Blue, which combines a rindless version of Point Reyes Creamery’s Bay Blue with a coating of fennel seeds for a savory and powerful combo that’ll elevate your next cheese board.
- Looking for a cheese-centric job? The Monger, a business platform connecting food service professionals, is looking for a new Sales Representative! Read more about the role and apply here.
- A new vegan ghee is hitting the shelves. Nutiva’s organic, dairy-free ghee is made from a blend of coconut and avocado oils and perfect for spreading on breads or adding to recipes.
- New company The Big Cheese recently launched its online store, cheekily boasting “the sharpest cheddar ever”—just in time to spice up your holiday season charcuterie board with something new.
- The Maine Cheese Guild—the oldest American cheese guild—has selected a new president: ACS Certified Professional Holly Aker, the first retailer to ever hold the position. “I have always been in admiration of the time, energy and work that goes into making an incredibly delicious cheese and sought ways to support all of those involved in the entire process from the farm to the table,” Aker said in a press release.
- Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese has a great gifting idea for the turophile in your life (or a treat for yourself): their newly released gift boxes. Choose from the classic cheese sampler or satisfy your sweet tooth with their mascarpone dessert kits— in chocolate pie and caramel sauce options.