If you missed National Cheese Curd Day on October 15, don’t worry—we’ve got you covered for belated celebration plans with our easy-to-follow recipe. Then, you can revamp any leftovers to make curd-centric meatloaf or home fries. (You’re welcome.)
In other cheese news:
- Panera’s famous mac and cheese is under fire after an employee shared a Tik Tok video exposing its not-so-homemade cooking process. If you’re disappointed, check out one of our mac and cheese recipes to restore your faith in the comfort food dish.
- The American cheesemaker Rogue Creamery won the World Champion Cheese award for the first time at the 2019 World Cheese Awards last Friday. The Oregon-based cheesemaker took home the trophy for their beloved River Blue.
- Lay’s is releasing the perfect fall snack: grilled-cheese-and-tomato-soup flavored potato chips. And yes, we’re excited.
- A Florida man says he has an eating disorder that has forced him to eat almost nothing but mac and cheese for the past 17 years. His go-to favorite? Velveeta.
- The infamous cheese heist that resulted in $50,000 worth of cheese stolen in 2017 might have finally found justice: Two men involved have been arrested for embezzlement.
- A rat was caught snacking on a grocery store’s cheese supply in Illinois, and a customer got it on video. No word yet on whether the rat had any relation to Remy or other members of the Ratatouille gang.