It’s officially October—AKA National Pumpkin month—which means it’s time to indulge in some pumpkin-flavored wedges and accompaniments. Check out the list of our Autumn favorites here and craft your own pumpkin-perfect cheeseboard from home—or go all-out with this fondue-stuffed pumpkin. The options are endless!
In other cheese news:
- Since the wildfires started raging across the West Coast, local creameries have been struggling to keep business going in the middle of an already unprecedented pandemic. Our recent web piece, Weathering the Wildfires, checks in with some of these businesses to see how they’ve been coping and how folks can help.
- Whitney Roberts, founder of the BIPOC-focused nonprofit the Cheese Culture Coalition, spoke to us about her experience as a Black woman in cheese, what made her launch the nonprofit, and how she hopes to influence a future generation. Read the Q+A here.
- Calling all ACS members: 2021 membership renewals are now open. Members who renew by November 30th will be entered to win 3 complimentary conference registrations and will have first access to discounted hotels for 2021 conferences. Don’t delay!
- Tenaya Darlington, AKA Madame Fromage, was featured in The Philadelphia Inquirer, where she talks about her role as a cheese director, her go-to tasting advice, and her experience eating every cheese (yep, all 350) from the Di Bruno Bros. cheese case. Read the article here.
- Sara Lee launched the ultimate grilled cheese competition, challenging grilled cheese connessiours from across the country to put their unique region-inspired recipes to the test. A champion will be crowned by the end of the month, who will receive $1,000 to donate to a charity of their choice. Tune into the competition and vote for your favorite via their Instagram page.
- Boursin’s new seasonal product, Fig & Balsamic Cheese, is now available on store shelves. This Autumn flavor will bring a unique sweetness to your seasonal cheeseboards—but it’s only around for a limited time, so make sure to stock up now.
- Speaking of seasonal curds, Montchevre just launched a Spiced Pumpkin goat cheese log—which blends earthy pumpkin flavors and tangy goat’s milk with hints of nutmeg and cinnamon. Plus: Jasper Hill Farm’s spooky Scream Cheese and Beemster’s iconic Pumpkin Spice Gouda have returned, and Boxcarr Handmade Cheese is getting in the Halloween spirit with their brand-new Cottonboo labels. Tis the season!