Temps are dropping and pumpkin-spice-everything has officially hit the shelves, which can only mean one thing: Our Autumn issue is here! This season, we’re covering the art of American artisan cheesemaking, the beloved and iconic Grana-style, cheesy galette recipes, and so much more. Take a peek at the table of contents here, then order your copy at our online shop.
In other cheese news:
- Our latest Cheesemongering in the Time of COVID piece highlights small shops in America’s Dairyland that have been creatively maintaining monger connections and successful sales in the midst of pandemic hardship. Read it here.
- West Coast cheesemakers are still coping with the devastating effects of the intense wildfires that have been sweeping the area over the past few weeks. To help keep these creameries afloat during such a difficult time, consider supporting them online or through the many West Coast Victory Cheese boxes.
- Some cheese news to look forward to: Dorothy’s Cheese just announced a brand new wheel that will soon be added to their lineup of soft-ripened cheeses. Diggin’ Truffles was crafted in collaboration with cheese craftsman Rodolphe Le Meunier and will be released this October for West Coast consumers.
- We know, the holiday season seems a ways away, but these days we all need something to look forward to. That’s why Aldi announced that this year’s wine and cheese advent calendars will be available as early as November 4th (and we’re definitely not sad about it).
- In cow-free cheesemaking news: Australian company Change Foods is becoming the first in the country to produce cheese with bio-engineering technology, which they say will provide some advantages over other cheese-alternatives.
- The latest from Murray’s cheese caves, Shiso Chīzu combines Japanese and American flavors by wrapping Old Chatham Creamery’s Camembert with sake-soaked shiso leaves. The result? A bloomy rind beauty with bold flavors and an indulgent texture.
- Last week, Marissa Mullen of @thatcheeseplate was featured on Good Morning America, where the hosts got inspired by her @cheesebynumbers method, embraced some cheesy puns, and created a board of their own. Check out the video here.
- Have you entered our Autumn giveaway yet? Two lucky winners will receive five delicious Beehive Cheese wedges, artisan accompaniments, and an Epicurean cutting board. Get the details and enter here.