In queso you missed it, September 5 was National Cheese Pizza Day. We have no idea exactly who creates all these holidays, but who cares? Feel free to stop by your favorite pizza joint for a belated celebration, or make some magic at home.
Here’s what else you might have missed this week in cheese news:
- If you find yourself heading to Epcot for the International Food and Wine Festival, make sure to hit up Emile’s Fromage Montage (named after the older brother in Ratatouille).
- Following food fads is actually a really fun way to waste your time. Here’s a brief history about how Annie’s made powdered cheese “healthy.”
- A Mississippi high school caused outrage among parents and students after serving a single slice of cheese over chips for lunch.
- Vegans often bemoan the lack of creaminess in dairy-free “cheese.” But have they tried cheeze?
- Taco Bell has done some pretty crazy things in the name of cheese (Doritos taco shells *cough cough*). Now they’re baking cheddar cheese right into the shell.
- Not sure what to do with your leftover Parmesan lids? Turns out you can put them on a mason jar for the perfect bubble tea container.