Roasted Grape, Gorgonzola, and Rosemary Focaccia
This sweet-and-savory dish is a welcome addition to a brunch or dinner party—or serve alongside a kale salad for a light lunch.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup red seedless grapes stems removed and washed
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola Dolce cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil and set the pan aside.
- Combine flour, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt, chopped rosemary, yeast, and water in a large bowl and hand-mix for 1 to 2 minutes, or until a “shaggy” dough forms.
- Transfer dough into prepared baking pan.
- Loosely cover the pan with cling wrap and let dough rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Once dough has risen, heat oven to 400°F.
- Gently press grapes and Gorgonzola into the dough surface. Drizzle remaining olive oil over top.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Sprink with sea salt and serve warm or at room temperature.