As a kid, my mother taught us the value of creativity in the kitchen: sometimes to stretch a dollar and other times to use the ingredients around us to feed our large family. I’ve used that same creativity as part of DPI Specialty Foods for the past 30 years.
DPI Specialty Foods is a wholesale specialty food distributor with distribution centers located in California, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado. DPI searches the world to provide our customers with an extraordinary selection of products that will delight consumers and enhance businesses. Our unique combination of product knowledge and options for in-store service ensures that DPI will deliver sales growth for our retailers and vendor partners.
Being surrounded by many of the best, most unique, and most flavorful ingredients from local markets as well as national and international farmers, producers, and food innovators gives me daily joy in the inspiration of sharing great food.
Cambozola Black Label Cheese Sauce
- 1 pound Cambozola Black Label Cheese rind removed
- 1 cup Alexandre Family Farms Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold unsalted butter softened
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives chopped
- ► Warm heavy cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- ► Slice Cambozola Black Label into roughly 2-ounce pieces and add to warm cream.
- ► Add butter, freshly ground pepper, and chives.
- ► Allow mixture to simmer for five minutes, whisking often.
- ► For a creamier consistency, strain finished sauce through a sieve before serving.
DPI Specialty Foods is a sales, marketing and logistics provider with a range of over 40,000 SKUs in all temperature ranges. DPI provides sales and services to national retailers, regional retailers, independent operators and foodservice providers through four distribution centers strategically located across the Western US.