As we all responsibly stay indoors for the foreseeable future during this pandemic, some of us are (understandably) getting a little stir crazy. That’s why we created a roundup of quarantine-friendly recipes for you to make while you’re stuck at home, all of which incorporate pantry staples you probably already have on hand. And don’t worry, there’s plenty of cheese in there to lift your spirits.
In other cheese news:
- This pandemic is hurting all small businesses, especially our cheese and dairy industry friends. Read our latest COVID-19 update addressing all the financial issues currently facing the dairy industry, why morale remains strong, and how you can help.
- One good thing coming out of COVID-19: the resurgence of this Japanese cheese that hasn’t been around in over 1,000 years. Some dairy industry folks in Japan used the superfluous amount of cow’s milk they had to rekindle this tradition, sharing the cheese recipe through social media to give other stir crazy people a small piece of history to recreate at home.
- Land O’Lakes recently donated 40,000 pounds worth of mac and cheese to a local food bank. The selfless donation will provide over 30,000 meals to some of the most vulnerable populations during these difficult times.
- Meet our heroes: An all-you-can-eat cheese night company in the UK, Homage2Fromage, has launched at-home blind tasting kits to keep turophiles’ cheese sampling nights alive, even during quarantine. For US-based folks, check out Antonelli’s Cheese 101 box! It’s got everything you need for the same at-home curd exploration.
- Ever wanted a whole leg of prosciutto to yourself? (We’re not judging.) Pitango Gelato is making those dreams come true for salumi lovers in quarantine, offering imported, bone-in legs of prosciutto di Parma for delivery at a reduced price. The 20-pound portion is enough for 130 sandwiches and probably even more charcuterie boards.
- To pair with your leg of prosciutto, do some online shopping of some of your fave west coast creameries, which are now offering nationwide shipping! Stock up on Laura Chenel, Marin French Cheese, and St. Benoit Creamery cheeses here and treat yourself to a decadent night in.