Mushroom Soup with Melty Marieke Gouda Toasts
Take your soup to the next level with the rich and nutty flavor of Marieke Gouda. Its award-winning Gouda adds a touch of indulgence to this comforting dish, making it an instant classic.
- 1 lb large king trumpet mushrooms shredded using a fork
- 1/2 lb maitake mushrooms broken into large pieces
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 4 TBSP butter
- 5 oz wedge Premium 12-18 months Marieke Gouda shredded
- 4 slices French style bread
- Parsley chopped
- Melt the butter in a medium dutch oven. Add in all of the prepped mushrooms (it’s okay to crowd them). Stir occasionally until the mushrooms are soft and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and simmer for 10 minutes, Season to taste.
- Ladle the finished soup into individual oven safe crocks for serving. Top each with a slice of bread and a large sprinkling of shredded gouda. Use a chef’s torch to melt the gouda OR turn the oven on to broil and place the crocks on a sheet pan – then broil for 3-4 minutes watching closely). Top with parsley and enjoy!