Photographed by Emily Kan; Styled by Monica Mariano
Ziti with Zucchini and Feta
Bright and zippy yet still hearty, this pasta dish makes use of your garden's bounty.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- ½ pound zucchini or summer squash or a mix, thinly sliced
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces ziti
- 8 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ►Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add zucchini and/or summer squash with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened and slightly crisped, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- ►Meanwhile, cook ziti according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- ►Add cooked ziti to skillet and stir to combine. Add a generous splash of pasta water along with
- the feta and red pepper flakes. Taste and season with additional pepper flakes as necessary.