Arugula and Radicchio Salad with Taleggio and Toasted Walnuts
Toasted walnuts pair nicely with slightly fruity taleggio. Drop a poached egg on top if you’re feeling fancy.
- ½ cup shelled walnuts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from about half a small lemon
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 small heads radicchio cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 ounces Taleggio cheese halved and slice
- ►Heat oven to 350°F. Add walnuts to a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Rotate baking sheet and continue to toast for 5 additional minutes. Let toasted walnuts cool slightly, then roughly chop. Set aside.
- ►Add red wine vinegar and lemon juice to a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- ►Add radicchio and arugula to a large salad bowl. Drizzle in prepared dressing and toss to coat salad. Add toasted walnuts and toss again. Plate salad and top with sliced Taleggio. Serve immediately.