Baked Ricotta Puddings with Plum Compote
Serve these refined little puddings at room temperature or chilled—they’re lovely either way.
- 1½ cups ricotta
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ lemon zested and juiced
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound plums pitted and sliced (about 5 plums)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ►PUDDING: Heat oven to 325ºF. Bring a kettle of water to boil.
- ►Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined. Divide evenly among 4 1-cup ramekins. Place ramekins in a roasting pan and add hot water from the kettle until it comes about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Place in the oven and bake just until set, 35 to 40 minutes. The puddings will still be slightly jiggly in the center. Remove ramekins from water bath and let cool.
- ►COMPOTE: Meanwhile, heat plums and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until plums have released their juices and have thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- ►Serve puddings at room temperature or chilled (for at least 1 hour in the fridge) with compote on top.