Beet, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
This recipe comes from Bob & Caroline Deuscher of BS’ In the Kitchen. It’s so beautiful you might be tempted to admire it, but we strongly recommend taking a big bite and enjoying the contrast of earthy beets, tangy goat cheese, and fresh peppery arugula.
- 1 - 2 beets
- Olive oil
- Fresh goat cheese
- ½ ounce sherry (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Roast the beets by your preferred method. I skinned them with a paring knife, sliced them evenly, tossed them in some olive oil and salt, then baked on 375°F for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the beets have cooked to your desired tenderness (poke them with a fork or taste a few slices), take them out of the oven and in a pan on medium-high heat, quickly fry them with about a ½ ounce of sherry wine, cooking until evaporated. After thinking about it, you could also try cooking them in some red/white wine or some balsamic vinegar, as I think they would add some nice flavours to the beets.
- Slice up your bread, butter each side, lay down some arugula, a little bit of goat cheese, then your beets and some more goat cheese, and slap it together!
- Fry the sandwich in a pan on medium heat until each side is golden brown, then sliced it in half and enjoy!
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/