BelGioioso American Grana Savory Cheesecake
Try this easy to make appetizer highlighting BelGioioso’s Award Winning American Grana. The deep, nutty flavors of this cheese really shine through in this savory twist on cheesecake. Use a few smaller pans to create the perfect sized cheesecake for your get together and extras can be frozen for use at a later date. For the best flavor, serve this cheesecake at room temperature with fresh vegetables, breads and crackers.*
- 3 cups finely grated BelGioioso American Grana cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces BelGioioso Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 8-inch spring form pan.
- Combine the BelGioioso American Grana, cream cheese, BelGioioso Mascarpone, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl of a mixer and mix until combined. Add one egg at a time, mixing and scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Place batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from the cheesecake from oven and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours before slicing. Serve with crostini, crackers, and fresh vegetables. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
* The best way to slice this "cheesecake" is with a clean hot knife. After each cut, run your knife under hot water, dry off, and make the next cut. Adapted from BelGioioso