Bison Breakfast Burger with Goat Cheese
Since bison is so lean, this burger benefits from some additional fat in the form of eggs, bacon, and cheese, while honey mustard cuts through the richness. If you can’t find bolo levedos, use sandwich-size English muffins.
- 1 pound ground bison
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 bolo levedos (Portuguese sweet muffins)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- Divide bison into 4 mounds and flatten into ¹/³-inch-thick patties (about 5 inches in diameter).
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Season both sides of patties with salt and pepper, then cook patties 3 minutes, pressing to flatten. Reduce heat to medium, flip, and cook 2 minutes more. Meanwhile, toast bolo levedos and fry eggs to your liking.
- Spread 1 ounce fresh goat cheese on 1 half of each bolo levedo. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard and 1 tablespoon honey on each remaining half. Top each goat cheese half with 1 burger patter, 1 fried egg, and 1½ slices bacon, then close burgers with honey mustard halves. Serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/