Bourbon is magic here—it keeps the bars from being too sweet, while macadamia nuts add welcome crunch.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch-square pan with butter, line with parchment paper (leave a slight overhang), then butter the paper. Set pan aside.
- Whisk melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in egg, vanilla, and bourbon. Stir in salt and flour until just combined. Fold in ¾ of the white chocolate chips and ¾ of the macadamia nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with remaining choco-late chips and nuts. Bake until golden brown and set in the middle, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
- Top these treats with sweet cream ice cream to make a blonde brownie sundae.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/