Bourbon is magic here—it keeps the bars from being too sweet, while macadamia nuts add welcome crunch.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 stick, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch-square pan with butter, line with parchment paper (leave a slight overhang), then butter the paper. Set pan aside.
- Whisk melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in egg, vanilla, and bourbon. Stir in salt and flour until just combined. Fold in ¾ of the white chocolate chips and ¾ of the macadamia nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with remaining choco-late chips and nuts. Bake until golden brown and set in the middle, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Top these treats with sweet cream ice cream to make a blonde brownie sundae.