Cake Salé with Goat Cheese, Zucchini, and Green Olives
Cake salés (savory cakes) are delicious cubed as part of an apéro, but you can also serve a slice for lunch with soup or a green salad dressed with a mustardy vinaigrette.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons fragrant extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese in small pieces
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 ½ ounces small green olives pitted
- ►Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 10 x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- ►In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, combine the two flours, baking powder, dried basil, and pepper.
- ►In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, wine, and olive oil. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Fold in the goat cheese, zucchini, and olives. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.