Celeriac Slaw Salad
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about ½ lemon)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ celeriac, tough outer layer removed, cut into matchsticks
- 4 medium sunchokes, scrubbed, ends trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 2 endives, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large firm but ripe pear, such as Bartlett or Bosc, cored, cut into matchsticks
- 6 to 8 ounces brie, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Whisk lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and mustards together in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all cut vegetables and pear in a large bowl. Add about two-thirds of the dressing and toss to coat. Add additional dressing as necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning. Top with brie and hazelnuts.
- Be sure to use a sharp knife when preparing this salad. Uniformly thin matchsticks are essential for proper texture and mouthfeel.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/