Stuffed olives are a crowd pleaser that fit many diets. Our version is gussied up with a seasoned two-cheese blend and tossed in a bright, herbal marinade. The raw garlic in the mix can be too bold for some, so omit it if you’re sensitive to the flavor.
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grated Manchego cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, plus 3 whole sprigs
- 1 lemon, zested, plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 25 to 30 large green olives, pitted
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- Combine goat cheese, Manchego, chopped thyme, lemon juice, garlic (if using), salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off. Pipe mixture into olives.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/