From our friends at Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co., this elevated take on a classic bruschetta features their creamy, aromatic TomaTruffle atop ripe tomatoes, white beans, and herbs on toasted sourdough. Serve it at your next gathering, or with a salad for a light warm-weather meal.
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ripe tomatoes (a variety that includes sun golds is our favorite), cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1 loaf 1 loaf Essential Baking Company Take & Bake Sourdough, baked, cooled, and cut into ¾”-thick slices
- 4 ounces Point Reyes TomaTruffle
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to char in spots, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and white beans, cooking a few more minutes, until garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat. Season with salt to taste.
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of 8 slices of bread with remaining olive oil. Place on a sheet pan under broiler. Toast for 2-3 minutes per side, watching carefully, until golden brown.
- Top each piece of toasted bread with equal amounts of the warm tomato mixture. Using a microplane or fine grater, grate TomaTruffle on top. Follow with fresh thyme and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.