Comté and Kimchi Melt
The savory notes of Comté are the perfect foil for the bold spice of kimchi. Using a domed lid while grilling the sandwich ensures that all of the cheese is melted before the bread is browned to perfection.
- 2 slices sesame-seeded white bread
- 1 tablespoon softened salted butter, divided
- 8 ounces grated Comté
- ¼ cup kimchi, drained
- 1 green onion, thinly slice
- ►Heat a heavy-bottomed pan or griddle over a medium-high flame.
- ►Butter one side of a slice of bread and place on a plate or cutting board butter-side down. Pile half of grated cheese onto bread. Place drained kimchi on top of cheese. Add rest of cheese on top of kimchi. Sprinkle green onions on top of cheese and top with other slice of buttered bread, butter side up.
- ►Place sandwich in hot pan or on griddle and cover with a domed lid or heat-proof bowl. Grill on one side for approximately 3 minutes. When bread is golden brown flip sandwich and grill other side for another 3 minutes under the lid.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/