Cream Cheese Avocado Toast with Fried Eggs and Za’atar
Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a snack, this one-handed meal is surprisingly creamy and rich for how simple it is to pull together.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 avocado
- 2 large eggs
- Za’atar seasoning, to taste
- ►Melt half the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add bread and toast until golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Salt each side of warm bread to taste. Cool briefly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- ►While bread is cooling, melt remaining butter in pan and fry eggs.
- ►Top toast with cream cheese, then avocado. Mash avocado slightly to adhere to toast. Add eggs and garnish with za’atar seasoning.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/
Photographed by Michael Piazza.