Ham and Potato Spanish Omelette
Serve for breakfast or as a part of a tapas menu. A 10-inch cast iron skillet is perfectly sized for this dish
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 5 small yellow potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 ounces serrano ham cut into strips
- 10 large eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Manchego
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Manchego and Marcona Almond Spread optional
- ►Heat oven to 350°F. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until potatoes are slightly browned and tender. Add onions and continue to cook for about 3 minutes more. Stir in ham.
- ►Season eggs with salt and pepper. Stir in Manchego and milk. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat until eggs are set around the edge, about 3 minutes. Transition skillet into oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until eggs are firm throughout.
- ► Meanwhile, toss arugula with vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl.
- ►Cut omelette into wedges and serve with greens and Manchego and Marcona Almond Spread (recipe opposite).