Double Cheese Spinach Omelet
Combining the vegetable-rich flavors of a frittata with omelet technique, this savory classic has a mozzarella-pepper filling wrapped in feta and spinach.
- 1 bunch green onions (scallions)
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 container (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella (about 1 ounce)
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper slices
- Cut green onions crosswise into diagonal slices. Finely chop oregano. Heat olive oil in 9-inch nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Add green onions and cook until slightly softened, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until leaves wilt, about 2 minutes. Drain any liquid from pan, then stir in oregano.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Sprinkle feta onto spinach mixture, then pour egg mixture on top. Using a spatula, softly stir mixture in pan until eggs are set, about 4 minutes.
- Place mozzarella and pepper slices down the center of the egg mixture. Gently fold over one side to cover filling, then fold in other side. Slide omelet onto a flat plate and serve promptly.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/