Farfalle with Gorgonzola, Pancetta, and Radicchio
Perfect for chilly weeknights, this bold yet warming meal comes together in a snap.
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 12 ounces farfalle
- ½ head radicchio, roughly chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, plus more to garnish
- ►Add pancetta to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until rendered and crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a small bowl. Add shallots to skillet and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook farfalle according to package directions, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- ►Add radicchio to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- ►Stir in Gorgonzola and cook 2 minutes. Add splashes of pasta water and stir until a sauce forms. Add cooked farfalle and toss until glossy, adding more pasta water as necessary to loosen up the sauce. Divide among serving bowls and garnish with pancetta and extra crumbled Gorgonzola.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/