Farro and Mixed Chicories Salad
Fontina contrasts beautifully against nutty farro and bitter chicories in this hearty salad. Dress it just before serving to ensure the chicories retain their texture.
- 1 1/4 cup farro
- 4 cups chopped mixed chicories (try radicchio, treviso, and escarole)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely grated fontina
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook farro according to package directions. Drain well and cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss well. Serve immediately.
Photographed by Lauren Volo