Gouda Beer Cheese Dip
A smooth and smoky dip best accompanied with salty soft pretzels, grilled kielbasa, pickles and fresh cut vegetables
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces beer, lager or ale, room temperature
- ¾ cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 3 cups smoked gouda, grated (try Marieke Smoked Gouda)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
- ►Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium high heat. Add flour and whisk continuously until mixture is toasted and golden brown. Whisk in a little beer at a time. Similarly, slowly whisk in cream and stir over low heat to thicken.
- ►Mix in Gouda, mustard, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Serve warm, topped with chives.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/