Grilled Broccoli Rabe
We like rich sheep’s milk ricotta in this warm-weather dish—it has enough body to stand up to the smoky, pleasantly bitter broccoli rabe.
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 cup ricotta
- Flaky sea salt, to serve
- Heat garlic, red pepper flakes, and ⅓ cup oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until garlic is lightly golden, then remove from heat.
- Light a grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle broccoli rabe with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then grill until tender and lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide ricotta among 4 plates. Place broccoli rabe over ricotta and drizzle with the garlic oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/