Gruyère Tart with Caramelized Onions and Grapes
This little tart makes for a wonderful starter, with the grapes, onions and cheese complementing each other nicely.
- 8 frozen puff pastry shells (3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large Vidalia onions, sliced
- ½ cup green seedless grapes
- ½ cup red seedless grapes
- 8 ounces Grand Cru® Surchoix, shredded
- ½ cup honey mustard dressing
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Remove shells from oven, and carefully cut off the top “lid” to expose pastry shell below. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté chopped onions until edges begin to brown, then turn heat to medium and slowly sweat onions until caramelized. Remove onions from heat and allow to cool.
- Evenly distribute onions and grapes in the center of the baked shells and top with shredded Grand Cru® Surchoix.
- Bake shells until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove tarts from oven and drizzle with dressing. Serve hot.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/