Homemade Maple Pecan Butter
Spread on pancakes or French toast, or serve with hot biscuits and smoked ham.
- ½ cup toasted, cooled pecan halves
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon maple extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In food processor fitted with a chopping blade, pulse pecans until coarsely chopped. Add remaining ingredients, and pulse several times to blend, scraping down sides of bowl in between.
- After blending the butter and seasonings, let the mixture stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing the flavors to develop. Taste, and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Wrap the flavored butter well in plastic wrap, waxed paper, or parchment paper to protect its freshness, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- A food processor or electric mixer is helpful for blending all the ingredients quickly. If you have neither, the flavoring ingredients can be finely chopped with a knife, and everything may be mixed by hand, using a wooden spoon, until well blended.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/