Laura Chenel's Pimento & Garlic Goat Cheese Summer Flatbread
Sweet and spicy notes from pimento peppers make an excellent companion to the fresh tang of the garlic and goat cheese. Choose any combination of ripe tomatoes and garden-fresh veggies to top this flatbread, and serve with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or fruity Rosé for a delicious and easy-to-make summer pairing.
- ½ Laura Chenel's Pimento & Garlic Log
- ½ package fresh pizza dough or pre-made flatbread
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil separated
- Fresh vegetables of your choice for topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Roll out pizza dough to desired shape. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Grill for 5-7 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and cooked through.
- While dough is still warm, spread Pimento & Garlic Log on flatbread. Top with fresh vegetables and herbs, such as heirloom tomatoes, scallions, red and green peppers, basil, and micro-greens.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil, and serve warm.