Old Fashioned Hot Buttered Cow
After a chilly winter's day, a hot drink is just what you need to warm you from your head to your toes. This nonalcoholic take on a Hot Buttered Rum recipe is perfect for adults and kids alike.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted, good quality butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 32 ounces skim milk
- With a hand mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cloves, and salt until thick and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- In a saucepan, warm the milk over medium heat until steaming but not boiling.
- Assemble 4 heatproof mugs. Place 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture in each mug. Pour 8 ounces of the hot milk into each mug. Blend well and serve hot.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/