Onion Dip Deviled Egg
Cream cheese unites two of everyone’s favorite appetizers: onion dip and deviled eggs. To save time, make the filling a day ahead and store it in a covered container in the refrigerator—refrigerate the empty whites in the same manner. Simply fill the egg whites once it’s party time.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Chopped chives to garnish
- ►Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden and collapsed, about 30 minutes. Deglaze onions with balsamic vinegar, then remove from heat and cool.
- ►Meanwhile, add eggs to a saucepot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a full, rolling boil over high heat, uncovered. Once water is boiling, cover pot, remove from heat, and let stand 6
- minutes. Strain eggs from water and let cool slightly before peeling.
- ►Slice eggs in half and remove yolks. Place yolks in a food processor with onions, cream cheese, red wine vinegar, and smoked paprika. Process until mixture is fluffy and fully incorporated.
- ►Pipe filling into egg whites, then garnish with chopped chives. Serve immediately.