Dead simple and delicious, this ooey-gooey dip is a crowd-pleaser come game day.
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 2-inch-thick piece provolone cheese (about 10 to 12 ounces—get it cut at the cheese or deli counter)
- Toasted Italian bread such as pane pugliese or ciabatta, for serving
- Heat broiler with the top rack positioned about 6 inches away from the heat source. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes to a 6-inch cast iron skillet and top with the cheese. Broil until golden and bubbling, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with oregano and serve warm with toasted bread.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/