Dead simple and delicious, this ooey-gooey dip is a crowd-pleaser come game day.
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 2- inch-thick piece provolone cheese about 10 to 12 ounces—get it cut at the cheese or deli counter
- Toasted Italian bread such as pane pugliese or ciabatta for serving
- Heat broiler with the top rack positioned about 6 inches away from the heat source. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes to a 6-inch cast iron skillet and top with the cheese. Broil until golden and bubbling, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with oregano and serve warm with toasted bread.