These puff-tarts feature goat's milk brie, but any mild brie-style, or even chèvre, will work here.
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1- pound sheets puff pastry thawed
- 4 ounces goat’ milk brie rind removed, cut into 6 slices
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse white sugar for sprinkling on top of pastries
- 2 tablespoons honey optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios optional
- ►Jam: Add raspberries, ¼ cup water, lemon juice, and sugar to a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer mixture until liquid has reduced and fruit has a jamlike consistency, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- ►PUFF-TARTS: Heat oven to 450°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, and cut each sheet into 6 squares (for a total of 12). Add a brie slice and 2 teaspoons raspberry jam to the center of 6 squares.
- ►Brush borders of pastry squares with egg wash, and top with remaining pastry squares. Press down along edges with a fork to seal pastry together. Place puff-tarts on the prepared baking sheet and brush with remaining egg wash. Sprinkle coarse sugar over tops.
- ►Bake puff-tarts for 12 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Top with honey, powdered sugar, and chopped pistachios, if desired.