Rum Apricot Kefir
Says Jared, "When I joined the management team at Craigie On Main in 2013, the first thing I noticed was a weird, milky smoothie at our weekly meetings. I later found out that it was kefir, which has a sweet taste but all the tang of a great yogurt. I was hooked. In this cocktail, kefir serves as both an acid and a sweetener. Grassy, funky rhum agricole (if you can track it down) and a hint of sweet stone fruit make this drink a full-on flavor party."
- 1½ ounces plain kefir (make your own using our recipe)
- 1 ounce Rhum J.M. Blanc rhum agricole (or other white rum if unavailable)
- ½ ounce apricot liqueur (we recommend Rothman & Winter Orchard)
- Sliced fresh apricots or other seasonal stone fruit, or edible flowers, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Add ice. Shake until well chilled and diluted.
- Strain into an iced highball glass. Garnish with apricot, seasonal stone fruit, or edible flowers.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/