Turkey Meatloaf Studded with Cheese Curds
The combination of ground turkey and sausage brings a well-rounded, bold flavor to this meatloaf. The addition of cheese curds (we recommend Beecher's but
- Oil for preparing pan
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 4 ounces Italian chicken or pork sausage casings removed
- 5 ounces Beecher’s Fresh Curds roughly chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion minced
- ½ stalk celery minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups fresh bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons water
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey and sausage, and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, mixing gently. Add the cheese mixture to the meat mixture, and combine gently. Do not overmix.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf that is uniform in thickness, approximately 2½ to 3 inches high and 8 inches long, and place it on the baking sheet or oiled loaf pan. Moisten your hands with a little water, and pat down the loaf to form a smooth surface.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meatloaf registers 160°F. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving.