Photographed by Carey Nershi.
Butter Pie Crust
This classic pie crust recipe, made with high butterfat cultured butter, is super simple and results in a deliciously flakey crust.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold Vermont Creamery Sea Salt Cultured Butter- 82% Butterfat cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- ►Combine flour and salt in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water just until flour is moistened and dough holds together when squeezed.
- ►Shape dough into a ball; flatten slightly. Wrap in plastic food wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled through.
- ►Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a 13-inch circle. Place into 9-inch pie plate, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2-inch from edge of pan. Crimp or flute edge. Fill and bake according to pie recipe directions.
Sponsored by Vermont Creamery.