Buffalo Chicken & Blue Cheese Flatbreads
Perfect for game day, this buffalo chicken flatbread features Treasure Cave blue cheese wedge and crumbles for a double dose of blue cheese. Born in a cave, Treasure Cave was the first blue cheese brand produced in America and is home to the world’s largest blue-veined cheese facility. Their blue cheese is aged to perfection, creating an exquisitely rich, bold flavor.
- 2 rectangle flatbreads
- 1 Treasure Cave Blue Cheese Wedge
- 1 container Treasure Cave Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lb sliced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- arugula for topping
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream and Treasure Cave blue cheese wedge. Blend and season to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the buffalo sauce and melted butter. Add in the chicken and toss to coat.
- Build the flatbreads – start with a layer of the buttermilk blue cheese sauce. Then add the buffalo chicken and top with a large sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes (watch carefully!).
- Remove from the oven and top with red onion, arugula and Treasure Trove blue cheese crumbles. Cut into wedges and enjoy!