Sponsored by 3 PecoriniPrint
Cones of Plenty
Grated Pecorino Sardo Dolce PDO is lightly baked and rolled into a cone shape, then filled with peppery arugula, cured meat, and a light honey mustard dressing. Oh, and topped with additional shavings of Fiore Sardo PDO, of course!
- 4 cups grated Pecorino Sardo Dolce PDO
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 ounces arugula
- ¼ cup shaved Fiore Sardo PDO
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry salami
- Edible flowers, to garnish (such as nasturtiums)
- ►Heat oven to 375°F. On a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or baking parchment, make two large circles with ½ cup each of the grated Pecorino Sardo Dolce PDO, leaving as much space as possible between mounds. Bake for 8 minutes, watching closely, until edges just start to brown. When you remove sheet from the oven, gently lift the crisp off Silpat and immediately wrap around the bottom of a funnel (or other conical item) to achieve a cone shape. Repeat this process four times. (You should have eight cones total.)
- ►Whisk together honey, mustard, and vinegar. Stir in salt, then slowly whisk in olive oil.
- ►Add two tablespoons dressing into large bowl, add arugula, then toss together. (The remaining dressing will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.)
- ►Stuff each cone with a few pieces of salami, a generous handful of dressed arugula, Fiore Sardo PDO shavings, and garnish with an edible flower.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/