Irresistibly Creamy Havarti cheese is the perfect complement to a delicate puff pastry topped with a tart cranberry sauce. It makes for the perfect holiday treat to impress your guests.
Cranberry Havarti Bites
- 1 sheet 5 ounces/150 grams ready-to-bake puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 3.5 ounces 100 grams Creamy Havarti, divided into 16 pieces
- 5-6 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Lightly whisk egg with 2 tablespoons water to make an egg wash
- Unroll pastry, then divide it into 16 small rectangles and brush each with egg wash.
- Drag a knife gently along the edges of each rectangle to create a border, then place a piece of Creamy Havarti in the center.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pastry is golden brown.
- Top each piece with cranberry sauce and thyme and serve immediately.